Update 6/2/20: We’ve determined to establish off the next day’s COVID-19 CT/EN dialogue board to June seventeenth. In gentle of the very important conversations that need to happen round justice, police brutality and bolt within the United States, we’re searching to be tremendous we’re not taking home and oxygen.
Stop tuned for more important parts about how and as soon as we will proceed with the occasion and its tutorial mission round contact tracing and publicity notification.
Exposure notification and contact tracing are two linked but tremendous measures many public health authorities are either brooding about or already enforcing.
Contact tracing is a apply nearly as outmoded as epidemiology itself, but currently’s technology approach the model that we mosey about monitoring the spread of a contagious illness inner and between communities is altering very rapidly. This presents an opportunity for learning more regarding the opportunities and challenges offered in extending contact tracing and publicity notification by blueprint of digital approach.
To that pause, we’re ecstatic to be working with the COVID-19 Expertise Job Power, as well to Harvard’s Berkman Klein Heart, NYU’s Alliance for Public Curiosity Expertise, Betaworks Studios and Hangar. We’ll be taking part in host on TC to their live-streamed dialogue round contact-tracing and publicity-notification purposes, including demonstrations of just among the cutting back-edge merchandise that will most most likely be available within the U.S. to kind out these tough, but important, projects. The day’s events will contain a roundtable dialogue followed by a sequence of product demos, and can happen beginning at eleven AM EDT (eight AM PDT) on Wednesday, June Three.
Beneath, we’ve incorporated an agenda of the confirmed audio system and demonstrations for the day to this level. Expose that here’s a work in development, and that more audio system and demos will most likely be added to the day’s slate as we accumulate closer to Wednesday. To RSVP for this free occasion, test out this hyperlink.
11am-1pm EDT: Roundtable Dialogue – Hear from researchers, healthcare experts, and technologists, including:
- Andrew McLaughlin helps lead the Job Power’s contact-tracing/publicity-notification initiative. Andrew is the chairman of Access Now, the used Deputy U.S. CTO for the White Condominium and the used director of Global Public Protection at Google.
- Daniel Burka is supporting Unusual York Enlighten’s COVID-19 response efforts by blueprint of Resolve to Establish Lives, an initiative of Fundamental Strategies, a world health initiative led by used CDC Director Dr. Tom Frieden..
- Harper Reed helps lead the Job Power’s contact-tracing/publicity-notification initiative. Harper is a Director’s Fellow on the MIT Media Lab, a Senior Fellow on the USC Annenberg Innovation Lab and used to be the CTO of Barack Obama’s 2012 re-election campaign.
- Jonathan Jackson is the founder and CEO at Dimagi, a social project that develops progressive technology solutions for front-line workforces and underserved populations. They delight in an intensive background in global health and are a frontrunner in cell health records sequence.
- Jonathan Zittrain is a professor of regulations and computer science, and co-founding father of Harvard’s Berkman Klein Heart for Web & Society. Jonathan’s work focuses on issues including control of digital property, privateness frameworks and the roles of intermediaries in records superhighway architecture.
- Randall Thomas is helping Resolve to Establish Lives and various stakeholders with the Unusual York Enlighten response to COVID-19. Randall is the CTO of Geometer, a technology incubator.
- Mona Sloane is an NYU-based totally sociologist working on inequality within the context of AI maintain and policy. At NYU, she helps accumulate NYU’s Alliance for Public Curiosity Expertise, and is co-major investigator on the COVID-19 Tech Mission. Mona additionally leads the project Terra Incognita: Mapping NYC’s Unusual Digital Public Areas within the COVID-19 Outbreak.
- Margaret Bourdeaux, MD, MPH is the policy liaison for Partners in Effectively being COVID-19 Contact Tracing Program, and holds appointments at Harvard Scientific Faculty, Brigham and Females’s Sanatorium, and the Belfer Heart for Science and Global Affairs at Harvard Kennedy Faculty of Authorities.
- Mary L. Gray is a senior major researcher at Microsoft Overview and an Edmond J. Safra Heart for Ethics Fellow at Harvard College.
- Mike Flowers is leading implementation for contact tracing technology and records arrangement for the Enlighten of Unusual Jersey as a Senior Fellow with the NJ Workplace of Innovation. Over the final 25 years he has worked in records intelligence with firms and federal, teach and local governments, including as Unusual York Metropolis’s first Chief Analytics Officer below Mayor Mike Bloomberg.
Here’s how that first piece of the day will most likely be broken out into person panels:
- Contact tracing: What it is, how it in actuality works, how tech can motivate [11:00-11:45am ET] PANELISTS: Andrew McLaughlin, Margaret Bourdeaux, Mary Gray, Jonathan Zittrain, Mona Sloane
- The usage of technology to enable scaled contact tracing [11:45am-12:05pm ET] MODERATOR: Daniel Burka PANELISTS: Randall Thomas and Jonathan Jackson
- Deep dive into the states/city [12:05-12:30pm ET] MODERATOR: Harper Reed PANELISTS: Daniel Burka, Mike Flowers
12:30pm-2pm EDT: Contact Tracing/Exposure Notification Product Demos – Main organizations developing purposes to mitigate the impact of COVID-19, primarily by blueprint of contact tracing and publicity notification, will every demo their product. Groups contain:
- Covid Establish
- How We In fact feel
- COVID Near You
- COVID Shield
- COVID SafePaths
- Covid Discover
- Healthy Together
- Coalition App
We’ll delight in a live movement available on June Three so which that it is advisable to well follow alongside, as talked about, but which that it is advisable to well additionally RSVP here to register your hobby. It desires to be a day beefy of attention-grabbing, educated dialogue of why there’s a necessity to lengthen contact tracing and publicity notification by blueprint of linked and digital approach, as well to the privateness, public health and policy implications such extension necessarily carries with it.